The rotating take-up “drum twister” can be used for the following jobs in the cable production:
- Stranding/Lining up of insulated cables
- Stranding of copper or alluminium cable
- Stranding/Lining up of sector shape cables
- Screening with copper or alluminium wires Armouring with steel wires
Altec produces drum twister in three different models:
- Overhanging fork
- Fork with support rolls
- Integrated rotating caterpillar with support rolls
In all the model both the pintles are motorized to hold the take-up bobbin always in the middle position of the fork and to balance the machine during the running.
To load and unload the bobbin there is a hydraulic platform under the ground level.
The Maximum rotating and linear speed, the Maximum pulling force on the cable are calculated each time with the request of the customer and according the production he has to do.